Thread: Oxford build
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2012, 09:27

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
B*ll*cks. That's what happens when you get fixated and don't step back. I saw the US ones and my mind was off. I didn't think to step back and take a breath. I have just cost myself £40 and a long wait. The money could have been spent on something useful. Doh! I shall see it as public service. I shall report back on the US items and I can compare when somebody takes the obvious route!

I can see that the first link items are hubcentric, but the sliding bolts make me feel uneasy (for no known reason).

Just noticed, the second link is for a PAIR so they are twice as much as the first option and the US version. That makes me feel slightly better.
I think the US ones look a superior quality so don't beat yourself up! Must admit the sliding bolts idea did the same for me which is why I mentioned them. Look forward to your report when they arrive.
Unfortunately I have been forced to step back until the DIY is finished so I have to just look at my untouched Vitesse or read the threads to keep me going.

Keep up the good work.