View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2020, 09:58

TynoPrime is on a distinguished road

Next I moved on to the intake and cam cover - I knew I wanted these in a nice anthracite colour - so I found one that would work and got to spraying. Again, these took bloody ages to clean up with a wire wheel and lots of elbow grease, but I got there eventually and got them sprayed.

(By this point I had also refurbed the Brake master in the background of the photo - unfortunately I didn't get any pictures - but to remove it there are 4 12mm bolts tucked right up under the dash - I had to remove the seat, lie on my back on the floor inside the car and reach up with an extension to get them - then there's a small circlip on a rod that connects the brake servo to the pedal.

I then cleaned it up, wire wheeled the aluminium to a nice shine, and cleaned and repainted the black brake booster.

Next was fitting the injectors. Mine were abit.. messy. Someone had previously tried to "fix" the injectors leaking by adding 3 additional orings to each seat *DOH*

So I just bought some 2nd hand ones on ebay that were complete, tidied them up and installed.

Fuel rail again, tidied up, repainted and put into place, then bolted in.

Finally, the radiator was toast - it looked like it had been through a flock of birds, THEN a gravel track, THEN a field. So I bought a new one on ebay for the incredibly good price of £33! and got it fit.

Finally the bay was finished for now (I will be adding a turbo soon, so the intake and exhaust are TBC.