View Single Post
Old 29th December 2016, 17:50

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

SOME GOOD PROGRESS MADE TODAY....

Glan has been making templates to check symmetry as he progresses ...

This one was cut to check the door curve as it rolls into the rear cockpit ...

This picture of the template transferred to the other side about halfway through the door mods gives you an idea how much they are being altered ...

Another slice styled template is being used to get the door curvature and top lip matching ....

The final picture today shows the raised lip around the cockpit area ...we were going to offer the headrest as a separate panel but , it was getting complicated trying to make a nice solution to a finished edge around the cockpit with optional headrest and I wasn't happy about it looking too heavy as a separate panel as you need to lay up glass thicker than if the item was made in aluminium or similar , so the flange around the base was going to be too chunky for my liking ..... so its been made a permanent fixture ...the shadow on the picture makes the lip look heavier than it is , its about 5-6mm in reality.. The gap in the lip where it joins the dash area is to accommodate a screen post eventually ...

If we can keep up the pace we are running at so far ....it's hitting me hard in the pocket !! ..we are hoping to start the bonnet on Monday , allowing a couple of weeks for the major changes I want to incorporate ...with a view to getting some of the high build primer on it by the end of January and starting the mould process first week of february or thereabouts ......

Last edited by lancelot link; 29th December 2016 at 18:51..