View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2016, 17:07

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road
Default Central locking

Bugger, bugger dam and bugger.

Remote central locking stopped working while it was locked. I had put an emergency cable in just in case this happened but although I had tried the cable, this time it wouldn't release.
I tried hooking a string around the inner door handle but it just wouldn't open so in the end had to open the zip on the rear window. I got my daughter to climb in but with her pulling the door handle and pulling up the lock button at the same time we still couldn't open the car. In the end the ignition had to be switched on and the door opener pulled before it would open. I don't think my emergency cable was faulty but I think it needed the ignition on before it would allow the locks to open.

I think the answer is to wire the door window to a switch in the boot that will allow you to open the window directly from the battery. Typically I have misplaced my Haynes manual with the wiring diagram.

In opening the zipped rear window the half of the zip that was attached to the hood has started pulling away so I will have to try and sow that up before I can refit the window.

The remote locking on these cars seems to be a bit of a problem, you need to have a backup plan as you can't get to the original door locks.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 3rd June 2017 at 06:38..