View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 14:57

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Well time has flown over the Christmas and New Year period and I can’t believe it’s over a month since I did anything of significance on the MRS200.

I decided to ease myself back into the list of odds and sods to finish off before the MOT and fit the new rear lights my wife bought me for Christmas. Wow what a difference they make compared to the old used units I’d fitted already. Much brighter in both appearance and the brightness of the bulbs through the lenses.

You need to look back through the build thread just to see how dull the older units were in comparison.

I decided I would remove the front bumper to bond in the mesh grills as it was proving too tricky to get them positioned and hold them firm while the tiger seal set. I also spotted over the Christmas break when I had the car out of the garage that there was a significant (well about 10 - 12mm) gap between the lower edge of the bonnet and the upper edge of the bumper on the passenger side. It all lined up lovely when the bumper support bar was originally fitted (if you remember I had to lower this about 30mm compared to how the kit was supplied) but I guess with the bonnet adjusted to fit against the sill edge wing area it now needs to be raised on the passenger side to compensate. You can see the gap here.....

I can close it by about 5 - 6 mm with some adjustment of the bracket holding the wheel arch edge but it doesn’t look close enough so that’s the next job to drill the passenger side bumper support bracket and raise this side slightly.

I’m still planning on getting through the odds and sods list so that I can fit the coilovers by the end of the month and then it’s off to be MOT’d.