View Single Post
Old 10th March 2007, 20:04
Enthusiast

alackofspeed is on a distinguished road

Abbey would have done the same, I just didn't see the point at the time, as the whole idea of getting the K-pro rather than the k100, was to be able to meddle at free will.

In retrospect I might have been better getting Abbey to upload a map and dissable the immobiliser......... that said having tried to upload to the ecu using 2 computers and 2 different leads, I'm not convinced the fault is with my computers.

Another unfortunate hurdle!

It's rather frustrating, as having done a track day earlier in the week, I've been fired up all week to crack on with the Marlin this weekend ("I must get my track car built.....") and I could do without another set-back. That said I went paintballing today, and randomly have put my back out (something I've never done before, and I have no idea how I managed it), thus scuppering any "proper" kit car activity tomorrow...

Some footage from Monday in case you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLkY3SLpnVY Me driving a friend's 20 valve turbo mk2 golf gti - it's not a fast stint, as it was early in the day, and we were watching coolant and oil temps closely to check recent mods meant it could handle a day of abuse on track. 160 track miles later, and it was still going strong. The video masks the speed, but 120 is hit on the straights, with the tighter corners being taken at circa 40. Amusingly I spun at about 90 mph later in the day, when picking up the pace!

Off topic, but what the heck - stuck indoors on a Saturday evening isn't a good look!