View Single Post
Old 16th January 2018, 19:35

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I'm waiting on a few parts , so did a few jobs that needed doing whilst I'm waiting ....

I trimmed , sanded and tweaked the drivers door to get it to fit the frames and doorshut ...it's ready to be bonded on now ...

I plumbed up the radiator and expansion tank etc. The radiator to the best of my knowledge is a new replacement for a Lotus Eclat or similar ...so using that with the U.S. spec. Ford engine meant the outlets on the engine were both different sizes to the radiator .......I made some steel tube reducers to step down from the larger engine hoses to the smaller rad. ones ...the top hose reducer also has a hose fitting welded into it to allow it to be used as a fill point from the expansion bottle.
An aluminium loop bracket helps hold the top hose away from the steering rack at the base ...

where to upload images

I also took the chance to fit a choke cable mounting it down to the drivers right side tucked in near the door hinges and exiting the bulkhead through a brake pipe union acting as a grommet to keep it straight and mounted to a homemade throttle and choke cable housing sat on the carb.

where to upload images

that picture also shows the slimlined doors ..

The following pic is not very clear , it was getting dark when I took the pictures , but it does show the choke cable exiting the bulkhead , lower left , and the rubber boots I fitted around the frame tubes where they enter the bulkhead ..I found 2 rubber boots that when cut down were perfect for dressing the tubes either side ..

where to upload images

I fitted and removed the seats and put them back in the parts room to stay clean ...hopefully seatbelts will be here soon and the other bits , wiring loom etc..... starting to see some light at the end of this build now ...things are coming together really well ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 16th January 2018 at 19:48..