View Single Post
Old 30th November 2013, 21:40

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soporsche View Post
Hi Shadow and others.. Yes, I had seen the 1 piece seal used with Mazda hard tops and this was my likely approach.
I wandered if there was any better solutions before I take the plunge as Im aware the MX250 roof profile is not identical (nor are the gaps) to the original hardtop option on the MX5.
So, what have other builders used, the mazda 1 piece hardtop seal or.... any suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Hello all.

We have been slowly developing the MX250 over the last 18 month since it''s launch. Little tweaks here and there, rain gutter around the boot opening, no more bonding on of the steel front wings sections (front section is now all GRP), revised boot and bonnet with core-matt layer in the single skin units.

The next improvement will solve the problem of water ingress. Currently there is nowhere for the water to drip off before running onto the top edge of the side glass and the window rubbers. On the stock MX5 soft-top the fabric hangs slighty over the side glass, so most of the water can drip off.

The answer is either to form a lip in on the underside of the GRP above and before the side window or add an actual rain gutter externally using and ally angle section, such as this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2308341710...84.m1423.l2649

The next MX250 kit will be out of the mould next week and we will be trying both solutions and reporting back the results.