Thread: #47 Spyder
View Single Post
Old 11th August 2013, 08:06

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Welcome to the forum Michiel. Looking very slick so far, can't wait to see some of your fresh ideas.

Does your workshop have a low ceiling, or are you actually 2.5 metres tall?
You are both right! (Allthough a haircut would take away half a metre!)
I tackled the garage thing the past months rebuilding it. And I'm working on the Spyder to accomodate myself comfortably. But that is not where my story started. Early 2011 I got in touch with gary, explaining my wish for a longer tail for the Spyder body. I thought the "bobtail" suits the German style front perfectly. But with the D24 nose, the Spyder took another way in design. It was my personal opinion that the car could use a longer tail to give it more balance.
I did some creative sketching to make myself clear to gary.
[IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG]

Gary and Mike went to work with it, and I got this picture from them, showing the progress. You can see their approach. And maybe you have seen the result before, because my picture of the body stacked to a white Vitesse donor on a trailer, is above the getting starting page of the Sammio website.
[IMG][/IMG]

The standard frame was altered aswell. Because of the longer tail, the rear of the donor chassis, didn't need to be shortened. In fact, the rear outriggers could be used to accomodate some luggageroom.
[IMG][/IMG]

I'm very pleased with the result, but the job could have been executed beter because the left side is now a massive 8 cm more to the ground as the right side.

[IMG][/IMG]

But no worries, I will get into that later on. For now, this is the result seen from the side. I hope to shape it a little more to get some lumbness out of it, to get is just a little more sleek.

[IMG][/IMG]