View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019, 19:45

306craig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
So the Kobra passed its 2nd MOT (eventually). Had checked everything over and over and the bloody front indicators didn’t work when tested first time.

Bloody cheap landrover plastic lights the cause as they made up of plastic interior which is shite quality. I really like the shape of them too which is annoying. Anyway passed after a tweak and now passed again for more fettling.

Will be sourcing new lights and looking for better quality metal bodied ones. I don’t like the Lucas L691/2 or those with the little fins (forgotten the Lxxx code) shape though so considering the L488 or even the BMC ones.

For the rears I love the rectangular old Lucas ones on the originals but with new lighting regs there is always a compromise regarding the combination of stop/tail and indicator. Someone does a special unit where they put an Led yellow light behind the original reflector but they are so bloody expensive

We are never finished are we ....
I know exactly what you mean - cheap cr**py Land Rover plastic lights in my MX250. One of the bulbs constantly rattles itself loose and at the same time manged to melt some of the housing.

Next MX250 will have glass lights.

Nice build, looking really good.