View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2016, 21:59

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thats what Glan intends to do Molleur ..thank you .

Glan has 40 years experience in mould and pattern making , hes talking about locating pins on the moulds which is fairly standard on better moulds , so they don't 'step' out of line on joins ...but also putting 'wedge pockets' in so you have an area you can prise the moulds apart without risk to the mould in the way forcing wooden wedges down gaps can cause - thats new territory for me and I've been around moulds for 30 years myself .. ......

Its possibly a bit unfair showing his incomplete work sometimes ...we have got to create lots of detail yet , seperate headrest not integral like before , with option of having one or not available ...bootlid insert to be made , some lighting options being discussed , also talking about an extra mould to create a LHD dash as well...I'm really keen to get on with the bonnet area , but Glan wants the whole body tub sorted pretty much before we move forward , literally !!
I respect his approach to the job and we are talking about doing the bonnet area possibly over Xmas , New Year ..with a view to moulding it in January / February , so I can get on with the framework whilst Glan creates the cockpit insert ....