View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 19:16

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

The first Formosa out of the blocks , incidentally , is being covered in a build thread elsewhere on this forum ...but is a fully restored , uprated Vitesse chassis with set back Vitesse 2.0 / overdrive powertrain with high build spec requested ...we have some really nice 72 Spoke Morgan wires , fully refurbed going on it ...lots of quality accessories etc...Im hoping its going to be something a bit special , which from a PR point of view for us , is fantastic ..

My own build , on the other hand , will be virtually the total opposite cosmetically speaking ..using parts I have around , second hand bits sourced via ebay ..development body , warts and all ...and a somewhat weathered look ...

Quote:
As the Formosa is not sufficiently different to really stand out against the alternative options:
- The old Sammio range and the new Sammio Alpha
- Tribute's A352 and the Miglia Speedster
- Even the MEV Replica is another 1950s era model
I think it does stand out against these options ..as much as any similarly styled retro race car can .....The comparison with the original S*mmio ethos and the look a likeys and similar concepts that arrived afterwards is fine by me ...I am proud of the S*mmio idea and the cars its spawned , occupying the same category as those cars is just dandy ..

The retro market is huge , probably the only growth area in kit cars right now ...Established builders like DNA and MEV , who were building trendier , more modern offerings , have realised that ''RETRO IS THE WAY TO GO '' They are a little late to the party , but certainly wont be the first to leave ...