View Single Post
Old 26th May 2017, 20:34

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

The process of building Grahams car has given me the chance to develop as we go on the sundry items ...which is pretty cool from a suppliers point of view ...
so today , my friend John , dropped off a swaged aluminium panel for me ... I had given him a template for this and it's going to be supplied as standard with the full package option , but not compulsory for body only or body and frame only buyers who may choose to do something different ... ..I need to work out the ends and decide if they are going to be welded or supplied separate to the main section , but , hopefully , the following picture shows how the blend of Formosa and Triumph in the bulkhead section is intended to be transitioned .....

These can be bonded on ...I personally would bond it on using a stikall or tigerseal type product but also go around the perimeter with some evenly spaced rivets as well ....when painted body colour to match your bodyshell , it will blend well and the rivet detail will help with the illusion of a hand formed ally body ...!!

Last edited by lancelot link; 26th May 2017 at 20:40..