View Single Post
Old 6th April 2015, 06:34

ozi jim is on a distinguished road

I built a GT40.
I purchased a chassis and made everything else.
It took 10years total, it has been registered for 4years, the build continued after the rego was completed, only because you never finish.

RTA has a habit of playing games because I truly believe that they dont know how to work outside the square.

If you go through as a new build it will need to pass an IM240 emissions test,you will struggle with the Herald eng due to the technology required to pass it.
Thats why if it where a rebodied Herald then all the mechanicals have to comply with the age of the car manufacture 1959, This would be a walk in the park.
If the Herald was already registed at some point and has a VIN I think it makes it easier again, Your engineer would advise your options.
All I know is you will not pass the IM240 with that engine and thats why you need to register as 59 herald.

If the Herald has intrusion bars you would need to fit bars into your glass body ,and supply paper work to prove their strength I would think.
If it never had bars put them in and belt mounts because the RTA love it when you make an effort.
You may fall into the trap (ask your engineer) the RTA may ask you to comply to current rules on the body work, not sure how it works for a rebody.

Ask your engineer if an ICV has to comply to 1959 or 2015 or both 59 on the car 15 on the bodywork.

I will keep watching.

Jim

Last edited by ozi jim; 6th April 2015 at 07:14..