Thread: Navigator MkII
View Single Post
Old 30th June 2013, 08:35

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Navigator MkII

Gents,

I'm glad to say that this past week has seen the first shell come out of the new moulds for the Navigator and it looks every bit as good as we'd hoped. Many thanks go to Mac (Viatron) for effectively 'project managing' this stage. His enthusiasm and generosity has gone above and beyond the call of duty and I'm sure his build will start accelerating from now on.

I know he's put together a few words and photos of the modification process and I hope he adds to this thread soon so you can see what was involved to get it to this shape.

Essentially, the last shell taken out of the old moulds was severely sliced, chopped and filled so that the whole thing is now as symmetrical as possible (I can't say I wasn't a tad worried when the entire Left wing was detached and moved back a full 3 inches!), cockpit sides are straight and even with an integrated dull depth dashboard, both rear wings align and centralise with the wheels, the scuttle has even slopes on both driver's and passenger's side and the bonnet shut line is straight. The bulkhead is now one piece as you will see so it has a degree of solidarity and can be easily utilised for Left and Right Hand Drive. (Oh, and the hump has been removed)

This is the first stage in the Navigator rebirth. Next comes a pair of moulds for Left and Right hand humps (to cater for UK, European or Double Hump variants) and a pair of retro fit doors and shuts. (More on that when it's in process).

I know Mac will put some of the process photos up (Go for it mate) but here's some good ones of the finished Buck and the first shell:

The Buck

Shell 1

The shell comes to our workshop this week so we can finish the improved frame. As that is finished, expect more photos. For those asking, yes, it has cost us a fair bit to get this far but for the time being you won't see an increase in the cost of the kit. It may have to rise eventually but for this season, I'll do my utmost to hold it where it is.

Cheers all

Last edited by AndyP57; 30th June 2013 at 08:37..
Available from eBay