View Single Post
Old 21st October 2017, 18:49

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road
Smile Great to see another kiwi on the tribute trail!

Hi Idol,

Cheers for all the info, I am going to have to look into the rollcage/roof protection piece a little bit more as when talking with the LVTA it wasn't something they saw as a highlight when discussed.

I may have to be careful with that one.

With the frontal impact regs etc for the 250SWB, I am certainly not suggesting that it can't be done, because I know that time of entry/build reg is a factor. It just wasn't an option with the donor's that I could find that were in good enough nick. The only piece of info that also was key for me was that after the guys in Wellington discussed the issue at length with some photos of examples from me of previous builds, they commented in my donor case some kind of structure would need to remain between the two absorber points if removed. It was discussed briefly that may be the case with any example (whether it met import timing dates for the frontal regs or not), however as I believed in my case I couldn't fit any structure in there with the proximity of the front clam edge to the radiator, it was a no go for me and I picked the 275GTB kit which kept the front bar anyway. All I would recommend is that you can get surety from the LVVTA on that front bar if you haven't already got it. Expensive if we get it wrong!

Keep in touch, feel free to PM if you want, look forward to the day we may be able to get two cars together in NZ for pictures etc! As you know I am in Auckland. Cheers for all the good tips, Mark.