View Single Post
Old 26th December 2015, 05:45

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Glad Tidings Of Comfort & Joy:

'Twas the night before Christmas..
…and there was a gap between our traditional watching of "The Muppets Christmas Carol" and reading of "Bear Stays Up For Christmas".

Unfortunately, I was out voted 3-1 and this gap was filled with "Coronation Street".

Thankfully, this is where the relatively new tradition of a lap top & Google Images helped me pass 30 minutes.

By now, I'd given a LOT of thought to the prospect of my rear wheel moving relative to my re-profiled arch.

The good news is that, in the nicest possible way, I simply no longer care.

That is not to say I am happy with my school boy error, but rather the whole car is already riddled with symmetry/alignment issues.

So I have to come back to the "creating a good first impression" approach and ignore any lingering OCD tendencies.

Here are just a few photos from Google Images, where the cars all look the part of a 1950s racer...

Sammio Spyder

Sammio Chevaux

"Vanessa"

Whilst I don't remember seeing the first two photos before, I've always had a soft spot for AndyP57's car.

The key thing for me is that whilst the arches are not "perfect" in any of these examples, I'd still be very happy to be to reach this standard of build.

So I plan to re-shape the rear arch on the driver's side in the same way as I've just done the passenger side.
( Which in turn allows me to "seal off" the inner arches and then add the cockpit panelling. )

If the wheels subsequently move within the arch, when they are eventually professionally aligned, so be it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Christmas Day:
Good to see another couple of nice car books under the tree this year.

The day itself went well, although I somehow managed to forget to plate the sprouts, despite cooking them.

Unfortunately, by the evening I was struck down with a stinking head cold and hacking cough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Boxing Day:
I woke early coughing and am now sitting here with a Beechams, after a couple of glugs of cough mixture.

So after posting this update I am now going back to bed.

Take care, Paul.