View Single Post
Old 29th July 2018, 09:34

wharfedale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Keith – I know some people ‘forget’ to remove/swap their black and white/silver ‘show’ plates.

But, my personal philosophy is to try my best to be…

Back in the 1980s, riding a motorcycle in the era before ANPR meant getting pulled over a LOT.

So I always carried my licence, registration, insurance & MOT, displayed my tax disc, didn’t drink and drive or have bald tyres, etc.

I found that the combination of being ‘Rat Legal’ and being polite when talking to the Police was always good thing.

So far, I’ve only been pulled over once in the Swordfish and ended up having a friendly chat with the police.

Which I thought was a pretty good result given that a demented pedestrian had just accused me of attempted murder.

So I just need to wait until 2021 to claim VHI status and finally switch to classic B/W plates.

Cheers, Paul.
I found this on tinterweb,
When it comes to the legalities of these old style plates, officially from April 2015 vehicles registered before the 1st of January 1975 can legally display a black & silver number plate providing they are registered with the Historic Vehicles taxation class.

I thought you were 1965?