View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2010, 07:01

nutter is on a distinguished road

Do you want to know what happen????..............

I got the fire extinguisher ready to hand......
Hosepipe ready ready to hand.

Put battery in no poprblem there
Put fuses in, checked my circuits, nothing wrong there.
Turned the key and nothing happened..... I could here the starter motor go, so add a jump pack to the battery and the engine turned over.
Added some fuel to the swirl pot, having disconnected the main tank supply and return.
Turned the key nothing happened.
Check fuel pump voltage nothing, I had used a wire from the ECU that I thought was the for the fuel pump relay, it wasnt as it was only giving 3.6V.
So i moved the fuel realy over to the switched ignigtion, second stage on the ingition key.
I could here the fuel pump spinning up and making a whining noise until the fuse popped.
Checked my wiring again all was ok.
Checked against elsa win and I had the in and out fuel lines on the engine the wrong way round, pressure was building up behind the fuel regulator.
I had to remove the fuel lines and swap them over.
Did that and as it was under pressure had a nice huge plume of fuel vapor mist all over the rear end of the car, over my hands and face...nice.
No explosion, as no smoke in mouth at the time so was ok
Reconnected fuel lines, and went to turn the key again.
and Voila the engine fired up and idled. Fly by wire throttle also worked,
Had a problem with brake warning lamp, being on when it should of been off, and vica versa. Have the same with the oil pressure light, it off to start then comes on, So I have to fit a normally closed relay to invert this voltage.

As the day went on, i let the coolant get hot, and my rad fan kicked in!!
Bloody good feeling when the thing firsts fires up!!!!

So i made a video and put it on my website

First time fire up
Its streaming so you dont have to download it

Next step for me is I need speedo tacho etc. And connect indicators, brake lights headlights etc.
Module 3 might come october when funds and holiday allow

Cheers Steve

Last edited by nutter; 23rd August 2010 at 07:03..