View Single Post
Old 20th September 2012, 09:44

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default Chop Shop

Andrew great to see your progress your route is very much on the lines of our build.

We know what you mean about humps in the floor and your solution would have suited us better to put flat ply floors in as it is we still have to cut out the hump because we moved our bulk head back 8" there is not enough room below the back of your lower legs to operate the pedals.

We are also going to drop our seat into the rear foot well recess, unfortunately its quite small and oddly shaped but feel we need to as you would be sitting to high on the flat floor above the chassis rails.

Talking of Humps! I see no humps!!!!!!!!!! no head fairing?

We are taking exactly the same approach as you once we have the shell bonded to our new bulk heads we will hoist the body up and then attend to the underside of the wheel arches etc etc, have just installed a Universal beam down the centre of the garage 3.50m above the garage slab and 4.50m long with a 1 tonne chain hoist on a push trolley. Such a good mod I took out and replaced a V8 engine and box in our chassis single handed and with one hand, just to fabricate gear box mountings.

Love the coil over shocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will be a little harsh! We are just getting around to ordering coil overs for ours talking to a man from Damper Tech we are going to set the car about 50mm lower on the springs approx 25mm lower ground clearance but using 15" wire wheels and having adjustable platforms to do the final setting. It's just the spring rating we are toying with at the moment which can only be a estimated judgement I think we are going to use 250llb rated springs and then change them to softer or heavier latter as they are only £22 per corner, have you thought that far ahead yet.

We have just fitted up the engine bay with rads water and oil plus ancillaries batter boxes, servo alternator etc to get them located before the front wings are fixed forever, I will get Charlie to post some pictures soon.

Good luck with the bulkheads.