View Single Post
Old 31st July 2005, 17:03
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Don’t worry Big Cheese,
I’m not about to throw mud in your nice clean forum .

Reading the above, I reckon that everybody here can see what the issues were. That said, I think things have moved on. There are now new issues. It’s makes no difference to me whether the car drives well or not. My two concerns are whether it’s safe and whether it’s commercially secure.

The factory owner in Sri Lanka tells me that he’s in the process of evicting Vince and his Python. It took Vince 3 years to set up that factory; so it’s likely to be out of production for another 3 years once the eviction is finally achieved.

The other concern is of safety. The front upper wishbone ball-joint is being used for a purpose for which it wasn’t designed. Nothing new there in that many kit car parts are used to do jobs for which they weren’t designed. However, this is a particularly crucial safety component and there is significant controversy concerning its suitability. Before I instructed any journalist of mine to take it around a track; I’d want a report from STATUS assuring me that all my engineering instincts are wrong .

Incidentally, I was in court with Vince concerning his advertising debt the other day. He was ordered to pay me £803.82. ************************ Too personal Den and not necessary on this forum so this bit removed - JG ************************

Den