View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 18:59
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark,
To answer your specific questions:-

No – I haven’t been offered an opportunity to test the car save for the ‘open’ invitation in the article in question; which I very much suspect is an insincere smoke screen anyway.

Why would I want to test drive it ? Nothing said by Ian Stent in respect to Python is disputed by me. He said that Mr Filby, Sally Mitchell and Vince Wright brought it between them in 2001. Vindicating my main concern that Mr Filby was reporting as game-keeper; when in fact he’d turned poacher (but forgot to say so). He said that the handling wasn’t right; that improvements are required to its suspension set-up. Proving that the early claims, that it handles better than an original Python, were false. I believe he confirmed that a BMW V8 had never been fitted, rendering the ‘BMW V8 fits perfectly too’ misleading. He said that he couldn’t find a comfortable driving position because the seat is too high and too far forward and the steering wheel is in’yer chest. Thus conceding that claims that it’s the tall guys Cobra weren’t true either. So, in fact, I’ve already written Ian Stent’s article as a part-work.

Anyway; what would be the point in Kit Car (or ToTalkItCar for that matter) reiterating such findings? Another test drive wouldn’t resolve the thorny technical and commercial issues. On that subject; I’d point to Stent’s one crass comment. He said words to the effect that he’d read my allegations about the problems in Sri Lanka so he thought he’d check for himself – by driving the car ???? So, it would follow that if I alleged that someone was a thief: Ian Stent would be able to establish the efficacy of my allegation – by driving the person’s car!!!! Damned clever guys at WKC I’d say. As I’ve said, it’s what they don’t say, and the slyness in the way they duck the real issues, that are most revealing to me.

As to your final question regarding what other Cobra manufacturers are saying about the ‘disclosure’. What ‘disclosure ’? The ‘disclosure’ was made years ago. The recent ‘admission’ merely confirmed what was already known.

Den