Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:03
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default MBM's Response

Peter/ Alan et al
MBM have responded very positively to Peter's video, and my request for a replacement.

Their response in full:

"Hello Mike,

I am sorry Mr. Edwards has had trouble with one of our boosters. When we sell product overseas, it can be difficult to warranty items because of the high cost associated with shipping them back. We need to be able to test the product and with the cost to ship parts back and forth, that just simply is not feasible. In most cases when we sell overseas, we do not extend a guarantee because of this. I appreciate the fact that he went to the trouble to make a video and show the issues that he is having and I can feel confident that what there are indeed issues with the booster, and with that, I have no problem sending you a replacement with your next order.

Sincerely,
Steve Brown
Sales Director"

I think that is as good and quick a response as we could have wished for.
It is a shame for Peter that he is the one to get a faulty servo. Sorry Peter!
But we will get it resolved to your complete satisfaction.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHogg View Post
Have been following this thread with interest and trying to find a decent schematic of a dual diaphragm servo. However if we just take the 'how stuff works' from Mike and knowing that the servo is not seemingly open to atmospere at any other source then it would appear that the air valve is not returning to it's rest position either by not enough free play in the brake pedal as has been suggested or that the air valve has a pin hole or some such allowing atmospheric pressure to act on the diaphragm. Are you sure that having the pedal connected to the servo actuating rod in the same manner as in the Marlin/Metro set up isn't preventing the air valve closing. My Cabrio was also assembled this way with the Metro servo but lined up perfectly with the new set up in the way Mike had intended.
I like others will be very interested in what MBM say