Thread: Ribble News
View Single Post
Old 10th January 2013, 16:18

AndyP85 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

And now the news and we start with the great experiment!

We have been working with the premise of trying to put a body over some of the existing donors body (obviously cutting away the windscreen, the boot, rear wings and temporarily removing the fuel tank) and putting the Navigator body on. This it seems works brilliantly as you can see below!

It's taken less then two days from driving the donor in to putting the body on!

Building this way means the builder doesn't have to play around with a frame unless his/her donors body is rotten. So buying a good donor will take less time building your kit as buying a reasonable donor and doing a traditional build. In keeping the 'tub' you may also keep the original windscreen and the roof (soft top and hard top for when the weather isn't so great). We are going to be dehumping and possibly blanking the doors off also

Also in the news, AndyP57 has continued redesigning the moulds for Pilot and Navigator by 'dehumping' both and blanking off the door on the Navigator (as you have already seen he's beaten me to it by uploading a couple of pics!).

This is a very crude 'concept' mock up I have done on what a Navigator may look like dehumped!

Unless I have forgotten anything (which I am sure AndyP57 will fill in gaps) I think that is all until next week