Thread: Engine choice??
View Single Post
Old 4th August 2017, 08:27

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have fitted a GT6 engine into a Spitfire chassis that was fitted with an A352 body . It was fitted in the stockish position though , and not moved back...It went in pretty easily using the relevant mounts etc. . I did have to modify the propshaft to fit and used a combination of 2 to do it , due to different flanges ...If you look at the early pages of the Denmark A352 thread , it shows some pictures of what I did.

The Formosa 120 GR thread in Vintage and Classic Roadster builds on here , shows the build I am currently doing with the Vitesse Engine moved backwards . ..This was achieved by reversing the suspension towers by switching left to right and vica versa , this moves the mounts back about 8'' ...the car has an overdrive box , which did mean a very small amount of clearance needed to be created to get clearance , but the gearbox mount ends up in a very easy place to mount .

Both conversions have ended up with custom radiators and modified propshafts ...

I know its not much help , pictures don't show much ...but if you are more interested in the swap than the location , I would suggest the Denmark version , it was a lot easier ...