View Single Post
Old 29th December 2017, 18:38

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Lots more achieved since my last post ...fuel tank and line fitted , floors finished etc. lots of little jobs that the alternative engine have brought to the table ..silly things like creating a bracket to support throttle and choke cables etc...the engine was designed for a LHD car , so stock fixings are all on the wrong side...
The body went back on yesterday and I think it can stay on now ....
I have made templates for all the aluminium to clad the bulkhead area ...my ally guy has taken them away to fold for me and , hopefully , tomorrow bring them back so I can work out where I want the swage lines to go ...
I have also fitted the bootlid ..it needs a bit of tweaking , but is pretty much there ... a piece of wood bonded to the rear has two homemade steel tags fitted to it and these will pin the bootlid in place on its front edge , whilst the two latches will secure it at the bottom ...

gif free upload

gif free upload

I also made a good start on the bulkhead template ...this is in two halves to fit it and I still need to do a couple of hatch holes to access the fuel tank and filler as well as a couple of holes for seat belts ...but it gives you an idea... I'm getting this one done in aluminium with swages to match the bulkhead ...

gif free upload

I also made a start on the inner arches ...these will be in two sections , like before ...an upper part that braces the bonnet and gives protection to the engine area and I will fit a lower section to the car which will be overlapped by the top one ...
These were a absolute twat to make and fit on my own ....I have made them in 2 sections , a main piece and a smaller section that ties them to the nose section ...They are still a works in progress , but getting there ....tomorrow I can take the brace bar out when the paste and fibreglass are cured .....

gif free upload

Last edited by lancelot link; 30th December 2017 at 17:49.. Reason: reduced picture size as they were mahooosive