View Single Post
  #37  
Old 7th June 2019, 14:16
clinkadink's Avatar
clinkadink clinkadink is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 150
clinkadink is on a distinguished road
Default

The bit i've been dreading. The louvre vents.

First I make a template ...



Using 30mm aluminium strip, B&Q @ 6, a vice and panel hammer, I make the vent surround ...



I then cut the louvres using the same 30mm strip ...



I tack them in (temporarily) with a hot glue gun and realise the louvres are too narrow ...



I loosely slot them into the vent hole to check their fit anyway. Not bad, but not good enough ...



Back down to B&Q, I purchase the 45mm alloy strip, cut and fit. Much better ...



Check how they look offered up to the car. Getting better ...



I replace the hot glue with araldite to fix the louvres permanently (hopefully). Then clean with wire wool, prime and spray with chrome paint ...



Not bad. But I am not happy about the inner joins. You can see a little glue (above). Will have to sort that.

Reply With Quote