Thread: CJ's Build
View Single Post
Old 28th December 2011, 09:06

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

As with many of the processes in building the cars , there are no strict hard and fast rules....

Chris , as you say above is correct for how I would do it...

The body should cover the side rails of the chassis , we have discovered on some builds that the drivers side can be a bit short sometimes - no idea why and it isn't on every car.

We developed the kit on a 1200 and I wonder if 13/60's are slightly different although I am assured by the experts they aren't.

It is possible to tease the body down a bit if it is a bit short.....on the worst one we had , Mike sliced the sill and pulled it down a little and reglassed it , thats extreme , I think that car had repair issues that were throwing us....

Floorwise , again , no rules but I found that the first few cars we did stuck out a little at the bulkhead ....not a big issue but as with all things that grow and develop with time , I found that trimming about an inch of the Herald sill width at the base of the A pillar and therefore narrowing the body slightly , meant we could pull the body in slightly....I prefer the look but that doesn't mean its the right way to do it...

At the end of the day , we advise how we would build the car , its not the only way ....I give the advise as I see it at the time I am asked , if it changes the advise will change !.....lots of cars are getting different building materials and styles incorporated into the builds and I find this aspect of the cars really interesting...

Last edited by lancelot link; 28th December 2011 at 09:09..