View Single Post
Old 29th January 2014, 07:14

Axel is on a distinguished road

Hi Phil

the Sienna belongs to a friend of mine near Uelzen/Germany. I haven't seen it pesonally, but he has had another Sienna black/beige and that one looked perfect. He planned to put a BMW V12 in it, never found out if he has done it. I have had a Countach Rep myself 2 years ago and I have just found out it is for sale again:

http://car-special.de/countach-repli...e-rella-saier/

This one I have built myself, and the amazing details were the periscope roof (which I have never seen before on a replica), metal doorframes from the original Countach, curved side windows, original windscreen with integrated antenna and many other original Countach parts. I have never found out what base it was, but it is definetely no Saier, the Saier is just in the papers.
If I think about how much you will spend in time/money for the offered Sienna, I wonder if it would make sense to go for my old Countach which is in running condition, but that is just my 2 cents, and it depends if you want a RHD or a LHD.
The weakest point on my car was the engine. It was definetely underpowered with the 150HP Renault engine... ;-)

Hope this info helps

Best,
Axel from Hamburg/Germany
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123.jpg (94.6 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by Axel; 29th January 2014 at 07:18..