View Single Post
Old 29th September 2016, 20:57
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Time to put this to bed!!!!!

When I was approached to continue this saga I was a little surprized so entered with much caution.
I knew there had been issues with both Gary and Andy and it's reputation was questionable but, I though the business foundations were solid so followed it through.
One thing was for sure it would take a lot of time, money and effort.
I wanted to protect my investment the best way I could hence the trade mark.
It turned out I was right to do so as the only thing worth saving was the original Spyder mould and the SAMMIO name.

This trade mark has been in place for a little over a year with no problem or issues until now and that's only because there was a misunderstanding between a few people.
That misunderstanding is now sorted.

To sum up.
If you want a SAMMIO Spyder body please get in contact and buy one.
If you want a SAMMIO Spyder body and don't want to build it yourself please ask me to build it for you.
If you want a SAMMIO Spyder and don't want to build it yourself, don't want me to build it for you but want some body else to build it for you please ask first.

Only this way can keep some degree of quality control regarding the build standard and go some way to protecting and getting a return on my investment.
In simple terms a kit sale results in a few hours work and a few hundred pounds profit but a kit build result in a few weeks work and a few thousand pounds profit.

The SAMMIO Spyder is around 5 years old but the body is a timeless shape (a credit to GJ ) and still receives potential purchase inquires of around 5 a month so it's worth saving.
IMHO the only reason the Spyder is still going are the stunning cars built by you the owners who not only build them drive them and show them off you even promote them to the public! Many thanks.
That said the moulds are getting tired and will need a makeover soon,
Maybe even make them fit a new donor, the shape wouldn't change just what's underneath, the MX5 Mk2 is only an inch different in the wheelbase??? .
The original cage-frame jig was destroyed but due to popular demand I have been asked to start making the cage-frames to complete the Spyder package, this is some thing I will do over the next few weeks once I get my hands on a Spyder body.

As for the web site information. For the past 3 months I have been on a rolling 4 week notice period to quit my unit due to a planning application so I am hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

Trust everyone is now happy the big-bad trade mark man will not come and get you and your SAMMIO in the night.