Thread: The Kebab
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2016, 13:22

hurnleft is on a distinguished road

Last week a good friend of mine bought the 250 convertible that Tribute sold. The multitude of questions he's been asking me have, I'm glad to say, renewed my enthusiasm for mine.

So in the last week I've sorted the wiring that had been cut through when the car was painted, refitted some of the plastic trims inside by the doors and rear of the seats and finished off the rear parcel shelf area although I still have one more waffle alloy tops to make where the seatbelt comes through

It all looks a bit bare at the minute but most won't be seen anyway when the seats go back in.

I made the alloy sill kick trims from scrap MGB ones which I cut down. They loose a little of the plastic look of that area.

Next is the alterations to the centre console and gear lever surrounds including hiding the hazard switch in the ash tray.

The more major issue that I'll deal with later is the stress cracking on the front wings. I'll let it develop a bit more then see what the painter thinks is the best way to deal with it.

Cheers, Bob.

Last edited by hurnleft; 30th September 2016 at 13:30..