View Single Post
Old 28th March 2010, 11:48
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road
Default Day out to Woodbridge - Take 2

As some of you know, the only other time apart from yesterday I took the car to Woodbridge, I blew the T16 engine.

Know under test with the VAG 1.8T engine, I was hoping to spend longer than half a day drive. The car held up to the abuse it received and still drove home 30 miles to home.

Also, as some of you know I had the accident some time ago in the Marlin. Shook me up and was still a monkey hanging on my back while going round. Carefull not to loose control. But Steve maange to skid and shake the car out of all control. Though scared at the time, it was something I needed to go through in the Marlin.

All ended up being a fantastic day. Near the end of the day, rain, crap budget tyres and 260lbft of torque was not a good sign! Steve managed a 360 spin will opening the throttle on a straight (not full throttle). Then came in as it was dangerous!

Car on the striaghts was awsome. Just kept pulling hard up the the red line and pinning you in the seat. But in a very smooth fashion. Kept think when is this thing going to stop pulling!

Now need to get the suspension sorted!

Enough talking and me babbling on. Here are some pictures!

Nice picture of Matt's 5EXI in the background. Only time he was behind me as my driving is not fast at the minute!

Available from eBay