View Single Post
Old 26th November 2016, 18:45

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I took these pictures today ...although the raised edge to the cockpit is so slight it wont show in the pics ..they give a good idea on the new outline that is being formed around the cockpit ..it will flow into the front dash when finished ..

I spent a couple of hours on the rear drivers side wing this morning ...when Glan and myself finished yesterday , we were struggling to find a measurement discrepancy on the rear ...the tape measure kept contradicting itself and , after a day on the car , we were both scratching our heads , it is no secret that the S*mmio range have wheel arch issues and despite being re-worked , the Miglia has similar irregularities ....I want this body to be as straight as we can manage , so it needs sorting ....I attacked the problem with a fresh approach this morning and dived in at the deep end , cutting the rear wing off !! .....

I am so glad I did ..by moving it back and in slightly at the rear , so the tail is tucked in but the width at the centre of the wheel arch isn't changed ...the wing has corrected itself ..a few slits in the rear section , to correct a twist , and I was able to tape up the gaps and re-glass it in place ...now some big dollops of filler can do the rest of the work ...