View Single Post
Old 27th November 2016, 15:20

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Gary - I think we are singing from the same hymn sheet here.

As I'd like to see you charging more for a quality kit that you have had time to develop fully.

Although I'm not actually sure that there is a "budget builder" market as such.

Whilst the price of Caterhams, Westfields, Ultimas, etc. are clearly in a different league…

I can't think of any Sammio customer build threads on the forum that have been "cheap" builds, can you?

It appears that people loved the way the Sammio looked and all what to build the best version they can.

Being at the lower end of the price range might have helped people "take a chance"...

But picking up on Jeff's comment, people have put thought, time and money into their builds.

I'd just like to see the build time being limited to construction and personal modifications, not fault fixing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
If you like how it looks then just buy it, worry about the rest later, any problems can be sorted with thought and time and money.
Jeff - Whilst it is certainly true that thought, time & money will fix most problems…

I'm merely suggesting it would nice not to have the problems to deal with in the first place.

Given the amazing job you did prepping and painting the dark blue SWB 250…

I really can't imagine you telling a customer that with a bit of effort they can fix any problems themselves.

Please Note: I'm not suggesting there will be any problems with your paint.

More that I'd like to see the body shell built to the same high quality standards that you apply to painting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyway, apologies for taking this build thread off topic.

Good luck, Paul.