View Single Post
Old 18th December 2015, 19:14

jones is on a distinguished road

Thanks PAUL

Not much to report of late, although the shed was quite an ordeal, living on what is the worst clay ground I have had the pleasure of digging and living on ground that is quite a nice gradient meant some good exercise shifting dirt to get a level platform to lay the slabs. Eventually by last weekend the shed was up and water tight - this is 8'x6'.

With shed built great enthusiasm ensued and 3 trips to the tip and a now very full garden shed there appeared to be enough space for the car. I removed the cover one last time jumped the car and drove it in... as I got it close to the workbench along the back wall I slowed to a crawl until a carefully place sheet of cardboard moved signally me to hit the brakes. there I was sat there in the car all smiles thinking this is the corner that now the project will turn into high gear went to open the door - barely enough space for me to even get out. not to worry I thought I can make do. moved round to the rear and I was still too far out for the door to close! This car is much longer than it looks and wider, I had the donor in the garage when I first got it and thought there would be a luxurious amount of space, how wrong can one man be!?!?

This weekend - more trips to the tip and will dismantle the work bench for now and see if that solves the problem. If it does I will build a folding bench. Fingers crossed I can crack on a bit, the immediate to do list:
  1. I need to drain the coolant and fit some new pipes and a new radiator
  2. bond new inner boot skin to outer whilst mounting the shortened boot hinges
  3. be brave and cut the bonnet hinges mount to inner bonnet skin and bond the two layers together when happy
  4. Bond the rear clam to body
  5. rub, fill, sand and repeat process for a few hundred hours until happy
  6. fabricate exhaust (never done this before but hey why not give it a try?)
  7. welcome the first day of spring by taking to MOT centre for its first MOT since it came off the road in November 2014
  8. drive it for a bit and smile
  9. PAINT
  10. complete interior touches
  11. DONE

Last edited by jones; 28th March 2016 at 22:25..