View Single Post
Old 5th October 2014, 18:30

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Busy busy busy this weekend!

I didnt have chance to do anything in the week so I've been playing catch up as i still want to try and make the last show of the year at the Bath & West in November (snigger away!)

Time to strap it all in place and jiggle things about. so to speak!

Got the rear end centralised and the wheels as central on both sides as possible.
It was more level than this by the end and the new swing spring is still settling down so the camber on the wheels no longer looks quite so drastic

Just resting on the frame the front end needed some fettling! The reinforcement Mike has added in the bonnet is quite.... extreme! good, and please don't' think i'm knocking it. but there is lots of it

So a jack under the front and a sanding wheel on some of the reinforcement and i got the front nicely positioned in the end but this is how it started

I have been wondering how to fix the front, then i saw my enormous pile of Alloy Angle and i had a <doh> moment! Front now fixed in two strips either side makes it very firm! I will add more before i'm finished.

Then the Fiber Glassing began! Long strips along the entire length either side first. You can also see the mod to the bonnet reinforcement in the background.

Then bulkhead to scuttle, and can i say that upside down fiber glassing is HORRIBLE!!!

Then i did both sides of bulkhead to the body-shell sides, but i was a bit to sticky to take pics of that by then!!