View Single Post
Old 19th November 2017, 15:01
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Amir - thanks again for your positive feedback. It's taking a while but every little job is one step closer to the finish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a lot of progress in the garage this week due to a bout of 'man-flu' but prior to that I had collected a useful addition to my back yard.

The established method of building a Royale Sabre is to have the central body tub painted prior to the final fitting to the chassis.
For those not familiar with the Sabre here is a picture of the body tub.

Body tub on trolley by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

It's always been my intention to have the car professionally painted but I plan to do as much of the preparation work as possible bearing in mind the existing paint is in poor condition. I still have some work to do on the tub following the re-shaping of the transmission tunnel but that hasn't stopped me thinking about how I will transportit to and from the painters.
My initial thoughts were to buy a small car trailer and then sell it after I've finished with it so I've had a search running on ebay for some time.

One day this popped up and only about an hours drive from home.

Trailer by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

It is the remains of an old Trailer Tent and seems to be just about the perfect size. It's in good condition and has now had a coat of Hammerite to protect it from the elements as it has to live outside. I plan to build a wooden platform to support the tub during transport. But more on that next spring.

Hopefully i'll be back to my engine refurb once my cold subsides....

...peter