View Single Post
Old 14th July 2015, 08:26

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Ah! Thank you Robin, that confirms my concern about that radiator, I don't think I would have room for the hoses to enter the radiator connections without fabricating metal ones with 'O' ring connections or similar, there is very little room either side of the radiator, probably less than an inch, so I don't think I could easily use that one.

Another option is that I have found, now I have removed the header with the tank, that the connections from the header to the expansion tank are small bore. It's possible I could plug them and possibly use one as a bleed back to my new stainless expansion tank, or as a drain point. That would mean I could possibly use the other rad by modding the header without actually removing it.

The core seems in very nice condition, there is some handling damage, a small patch of fins have been flattened but I am sure they can be straightened well enough. The other radiator which is still in the car looks 100% good, so if I can figure how to remove that in the awkward conditions of the breakers yard, I think I am on a winner, with backup.