View Single Post
Old 11th January 2018, 19:56

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Few more bits being whittled away at ....

Bulkhead ally now extends to tie wing extensions in ...I need to fibreglass the piece next to it , which is going to be a job for last thing Saturday to let it cure nicely through Sunday ...

Rear light apertures have been cut ..going for surface mounted not tunnelled like last time ...

Eric bought the higher quality , glass lensed examples and they are really nice , supple rubber bases unlike the cheaper plasticy ones ...

I also , cut and modified the fuel cap supplied ..nice one with bolt on flange ..adding an extra piece of 2'' pipe so the cap can sit flush on the car but still have a straightish line to the fuel tank.

I have used a commercial Morris fuel tank this time around rather than the standard Spitfire tank and the neck is over to one side ...I looked at creating a fill pipe to centre it , but Eric is happy to not get too obsessed with symmetry and we decided to fit it in its natural seat as regards the fill neck of the tank , so the stock rubber joiner was re-instated to keep this nice and simple ...

I also cut and modified a rubber boot that was originally intended to go on the rear of a headlight unit with an H4 style bulb to protect it from the elements ..rivetted in place it now forms a steering column 'gaiter' ...

I shall find something suitable to do a similar job with the tubing that exits the bulkhead too ...

final job was re-instating the door frames which are a bit fiddly but not too bad ... Tomorrow I will play around with the doors , latches etc. and probably take a look at the gear linkages I have been avoiding !