View Single Post
Old 21st May 2018, 06:04

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Can't keep up…
Over a week ago, I finally upgraded my shears to a hedge trimmer.

The good news is that this really allows me to shape a large section of the garden quickly.

The bad news is that it then takes a lot longer to clean up the mess that is spread all over the place.
( And I've still got another round of hedge trimming to do. )

Also one of my daughters wanted to take over a small section of the garden and this is her design.
( This is the area we had previously tried home growing vegetables in. )

This turned into such back breaking work that I was still struggling to walk several days later.

Which meant that although I also bought a new lawnmower at the same time, it was Friday before I had the chance to assemble it.

The old one, on the left, managed to last 20 years despite being heavily used and mechanically neglected.

But I will try harder to look after the new one, as 'they don't make 'em like they used to'.

I know gardening has nothing to do with my car being on the road, but this help to remind me why I am not out driving the car as often as I like.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday
The day started with another trip to the local dump before I got a chance to take the car out for a spin.

I took some more GoPro footage and managed to catch this 'on film' going the other way.

Unfortunately, I had a lot of problems with the camera and it kept changing settings on me for some reason.

So instead of filming, it would take a photo, or a sequence of time lapsed photos and I didn't spot this until I got home.

Also I managed to knock my flat cap up at some point, which combined with the camera angle make me look like Norman Wisdom.

I was changing the camera mounting in a car park, when an old man asked me if this was a Sammio Spyder!

So he certainly knew his stuff and it turns out he has a Daimler Dart and remembers '50s specials.

I also ended up in a local park to film an alternative opening sequence, as I couldn't get the angle I wanted in Harrow Hill to work.

The thick end of 20 people stopped for a chat while I was trying to film, including one bloke who wanted a photo with him in the driving seat!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

End of Part 1...