View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:42

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Pops - I actually heard the news on the radio earlier on and my first thought was Mrs Merton.

I'd actually forgotten I'd posted her photo the other day, so RIP Caroline Aherne.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Odd Jobs - Part 1:
Dragged some of my car stuff up from the Summer House to the front porch only to find a dirty black cloud overhead.

Thankfully, that cleared away, but there was rain in the forecast, so I was nervous about starting any filler/fibreglass jobs.

So I made a start on a number of small jobs instead…

Used some string to provide guidelines for the number plate plinth.

Clearly it needs to be built up a little along the bottom right hand corner.

But this will be done during the final preparation for paint, post MOT.

However, I needed to draw some straight lines on the plinth, so I could line the number plate up straight (ish).

You might remember that I ruined my new "short width" number plate when building the mounting plinth.

I want to trim down the "over sized" rear number plate that came with my donor car.
( Top of photo below. )

So I will be removing this end section.

Next up was starting the process of making an access panel for the rear cockpit wall.

This was the piece of plywood I had previously cut out, so I could reach the fuel gauge wires & petrol cap.

Unfortunately, I then had a serious Mr Clumsy episode when I was just checking which way around this off cut fitted.
( Note: This photo was taken later on, not at the time. )

Yes, you guessed it, I managed to drop the cut out panel in behind the rear cockpit wall.

To say I turned the air blue, as I cursed my own ineptitude, would be a HUGE understatement.

It took ages, and some seriously scraped hands, before I could finally manoeuvre the panel out of the other side of the petrol tank.

Thankfully, I had just enough aluminium sheet left over from the wheel arch work to make the panel.

Which will over lap the "hole" like so.

End of Part 1…