View Single Post
Old 20th November 2012, 09:55

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh View Post
Can i see plumbing fittings? What are the stop cocks for, bottom left. Also the walls of your garage are they really that wide?
As a fan of Heath-Robinson solutions to engineering challenges and recycling of everyday objects for use in car building (have you seen my clothes rail handbrake cable guide tube?) my guess for the stop-cock is that it probably leads to a heater matrix somewhere inside the body, which has been disconnected for some reason, maybe because it leaks.

I'm no expert on the (Rover V8?) fitted, but it looks to me like the inlet and outlet for the heater have been connected to each other with a couple of plumbing elbows. If there's another stop-cock somewhere in the engine bay that'd suggest that there is a heater hidden somewhere.

Nice to see something a bit more challenging than the simple Sammio builds we're used to over on that forum so keep up the good work DC. Edit - just noticed that there are two stop-cocks fitted.

Last edited by Mister Towed; 20th November 2012 at 09:58.. Reason: Oh, no reason...