View Single Post
Old 16th April 2017, 11:20

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Talking More Sorties & Detailing

I've been out a good few times now, managing to re-fuel without mishap and finding long enough straights to try out the overdrive, which works perfectly . A young lad came over in Aldi car park and asked "Is it a TVR?". I concealed my mirth and gently explained its genesis. Trevor indeed! Still, no worse than the umpteen times I was asked if my Marlin Roadster was a Morgan .

Reversing onto my home parking space my son said it smells rich, pulled a plug, correctamundo. Black! Luckily old style CD Strombergs are a doddle to adjust with a coin and I've leaned it considerably. Runs better than before, I've also retarded the ignition as it was pinking a little when I short shifted and asked too much of the torque, speaking of which, spins the off side wheel on hill starts if I'm not very careful. I'll invest in some grippier tyres sometime, the current ones came off a VW Beetle trials car, authentically 80 ratio and narrow section but hardly sticky.

There's lots of authentic transmission noise through the aluminium tunnel and the six cylinder snarl when I open her up is music. I've now fitted my Europa Spares plastic spinners but not the perspex headlamp covers. The flange they sit on needs building inwards a little in the same place both sides. I'll try and get it done before Stoneleigh. There's still some cockpit detailing to address as well but the lure of my Moss Monaco build is strong!

Regards, Mick