View Single Post
Old 24th April 2017, 07:09

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Prescott Speed Hill Climb Saturday

I'm fortunate to have this venue practically on my doorstep, certainly less than 20 miles, and I attended the year's first meeting on Saturday, arriving well before 0800 to catch the atmosphere in the paddock. There I came across a D Type lookalike which turned out to be a RAM from the eighties. I had a long chat with the two drivers before walking to the very top of the hill. I've been there many many times but I'm still enchanted every visit .

I was parked next to a very bright Ginetta but it was my A352 which was attracting a great deal of attention from other punters. All were highly complimentary about my build, as well as being very surprised at its humble underpinnings and modest cost.

I took these photo's of the RAM, both with its beautiful class companions and on the start line. A good day out.

Yesterday evening, as I was about to go for a spin, two children from along my road came and asked if they could have a close look. The lad, who was about 10, said he'd told his classmates that there was a "Space Car" in his road. Now that's an accolade!

Regards, Mick