Thread: G46 V8 Mk1
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2013, 06:49

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMartin View Post
CT. Thanks for making the effort to post the pictures.
It is really good to see your build progressing so well.

I love the steering wheel, it goes well with all that ply.
Are you going to varnish all that wood?
Nice side vents to.
I see the passenger will get more protection from the screen being a lot lower
Have you bolted the seat to the chasis rails?

I have been cutting out my floors tonight so I can get my legs under the steering wheel. I will also need to shift column about 2" towards the centre as the door wont shut with the scimitar 15" wheel.

Unfortunately my 356 screen does NOT fit the bulk head.
The Sammio bulge raises the centre too high.
So the decision is to recess the screen or
create a fairing around the sides to lift the bodywork to the screen.

I must follow your example and post a few shot of my build.

HM
HM

I have had the steering wheel for 43 years which came off a Vitesse that was owned by a man my dad worked for, can't tell you how many cars it's been fitted too. It is to big I only used to use it for show on my MGBGT and Hawk 289 (should note they are previously owned cars) but regularly drove them with a smaller wheel. I must check the diameter? Constantly rapping knuckles on the body work or turning indicators on!

No the passengers side is just sitting at a skew and the drivers side is the height they will sit which is above the chassis rail, however I will look to see if I can get them to sit at the lower level with a bit of cutting and chopping. We are also going to cut the hump out of the floor where the original front seats sat as its to tight on the back of your legs and makes pedal functions dangerous, jobs for Charlie when is next home.

Yes it's known locally as the "Plywood Special" Ronseal has been suggested as "it does what it says on the tin"

I see your dilemma with the screen time for cardboard templates and lots of standing back and looking, love to see some photos.

CT