View Single Post
Old 24th June 2015, 03:17

275NART is on a distinguished road

I "lurk" here on the forum but read along a lot of the tribute threads and of course George's 275 thread. I felt compelled to respond here as this is something I'm personally working on... as my user name might suggest.

This is a tricky car to do as a tribute instead of a replica. The visual proportions of the original car are much different from any modern car and the iconic bubble windshield and low slung body exaggerate its looks even further. In my opinion the coupe lends itself well as a tribute on the z3 donor because the roof/greenhouse can balance the changed proportions of the front; however, I'm not sure it will work well as a convertible without changing the proportions significantly. For the NART spyder the rear would have to be substantially shortened and the spoiler less pronounced to balance with the long nose but short area between the wheel arch and door/a pillar. The 250 SWB convertible and coupe work great on the z3 because the front does not have covered headlights and is much more stubby. I think what George and tribute will turn out will both look phenomenal still and I'm anxious to see the work in progress. Sorry if I'm veering off the original topic!