View Single Post
Old 19th October 2012, 20:50
Enthusiast

alackofspeed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMC001 View Post
Perhaps I am a little naive here but I though in these sitautions the police such as this would ask for a PNC check (maybe I have watched to many episodes of the Bill) at the road side to clarify the sitauation rather than wasting the time of memebers of the motring public.

I would be looking for a formal appology from the officers seniors and a confirmation that they and indeed others are trained accordingly to avoid another example of this.
The claim of the policeman was that he'd requested a PNC check and it had come back that my car did not have a MOT and that it was needed. I set about explaining the situation - SVA, why the car has an age-related plate - with the result the question was forwarded to a traffic officer. The traf-pol had no understanding of SVA and kit-cars, thus I was awarded a 7-day wonder.

The car's details were PNC checked again (or perhaps for the first time, if you're cynical) when I went to tender my car's and my documents, and the police officer at the station confirmed no need for a MOT according to the computer.