Thread: 250 swb build
View Single Post
Old 29th July 2016, 20:31

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

UPDATE ; The last couple of days have been fairly intense but some good progress has been made .
The customer visited yesterday and he decided he wanted the rear shelf as flat as possible towards the rear screen ...a slight ongoing mod on the hinges and I was able to flatten the hinge humps and re-glass the shelf pretty much flat ...

I also managed to do the latch mods on the BMW doors and fit the door skins and modified Herald handles ( The push bolt on the rear of the handle was replaced with one 15mm longer and bent 45 degrees approx. to strike the new latch plate )
I cut the recommended 100mm wide by approx 50mm deep hole 50 mm down from the top edge and 65mm from the rear edge ..a rectangular plate has been fitted to the mech. with the adhesive and a couple of pop rivets ...

Window frames are on and the 250 skins are pretty much fitted ..little bit of fettling needed but not bad first fit...

The rear quarters were pulled forward to match the doorline . I sliced the front face / door shut area and pulled it forward to duplicate the rear door line , braced it in position , put a flat sheet patch behind it and fibreglassed it in position ...

Final job of the day was to do the Hilltop mod of cutting the tabs off the screen pillar covers and bonding them on ....

Last edited by lancelot link; 29th July 2016 at 20:38..