View Single Post
Old 20th September 2016, 14:03

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Fuel tank filler

Desperately wanted to avoid the problem Smash had with his car, the only way I could see was to cut a recess.
Cut a flap and folded he metal down and then used some matting to create a waterproof box.
Used a fuel resistant 90 bend and a small tight radius bend by the filler cap. Used a longer 90 bend at the other end. The flexible filler tube is from CBS but I used the standard 500mm cheap one (about £12) I drilled the top elbow and fitted a 6mm rivnut and glued it in place with JB weld, as the rivet has a flange it does fit tightly. Onto the rivnut I attached the anti glug breather, this was simply cut in hal by the old filler, the end that goes into the filler I blocked with a tight bolt and ziplock, the other end I extended with a connector.
It all fits rather well with no cramping and it still has a downward flow.

The final part is to seal the pipe into the fuel filler. I only found one fuel proof mastic, sikaflex tank N available herehttp://www.uksealants.co.uk/sikaflex-tank-n-oil-and-fuel-resistant-sealant--p260.html

The whole filler tube will be covered and protected once the wheel arch liner has been refitted.

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 20th September 2016 at 14:08..