View Single Post
Old 19th July 2015, 09:49

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Brilliant to hear he's still producing, he's got a really cool product!

I've been looking for a pic of my frame "as delivered" so that you have something to compare to but I can't find one, plus I know that Mike is constantly improving his default offering so I'm not sure how relevant it would be?

That said, I have found some more detailed pics I'd not posted before with a few of the mods I made to my frame. I hope you don't mind me posting them here?

Here's the rear.

The circled bits are the main crossmember, which I was going to cut off and re-welded in order to give more wheel arch clearance, but in the end I simply chamfered the ends and that did the job.

The other is the small vertical bracket I added and bolted to the chassis (2 - one each side of the tunnel) as the rear frame cross member was flexing when the handbrake was pulled on and it wasn't working very well. Adding these two brackets hugely improved the feel and efficiency of the handbrake and made things much more solid.

Here's what I ended up with the front of my frame looking like after I'd chopped and re-welded a few bits in order to get better clearance for the gauges.
Plus i added some re-enforcing for the pedals and the two small sections of Box for the wings to fit onto.

Hope this helps?